This a jumping metric test I made for a now cancelled collaborative project. Our team was going to make an updated version of the 1995 Japanese PlayStation game Jumping Flash. I was tasked to mimic the scale and jumping system mechanics from the original game.
- This was a jumping metric test I did for a cancelled collaborative project.
- When I was making this I played the original game to get the feel of how the jump felt and then tried to recreate that feeling in Unreal 4.
- When I first tried to recreate the jump mechanic in Unreal 4 I set the gravity to 1 but the Rabot didn’t drop like it did in the original game and the jumps felt like they floated too much.
- Then I tried making the gravity 1.5 and I had to change the different Z velocities and got the jumps and the drop to feel just like the original game.
- One difference to set our game apart from the original game was that we were going to have a skill point system that would let you have up to 6 jumps total if you put the skill points into upgrading your jump.
- After I finished making this the project ended up not moving forward in development but if it had I would have handed this off to the level designers so they could start blocking out levels in the right scale.
Jumping Metric Test Gifs