- This was a jumping metric test I did for a cancelled collaborative project.
- The game was going to like that old Japanese PlayStation game Jumping Force.
- When I was making this I played the original game to get the feel of how the jump felt and then tried to recreate that feeling in Unreal.
- When I first tried to recreate in Unreal I set the gravity to 1 but when the Rabot didn’t drop like it did in the original game and the jumps felt like they floated too much.
- Then I tried again by making the gravity 1.5 and then I had to change the different Z velocities and got the jumps and drop to feel just like the original game.
- One thing to set our game apart from the original game was that we were going to had a skill point system that would let you end up with 6 jumps total if you put the skill points into upgrading your jump.
- After I finished making this the project ended up not moving forward in development but if it had I would have handed this off to the level designers so they could start blocking out levels in the right scale.
Jumping Metric Test Gifs
Jumping Metric Test Video